Friday 23 January 2015

Question 4: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Points made after the rough cut viewing of our video

 Esther Mongo 17

"I really like where your video is going. I love the wind blowing effect in the purple scene use it more"

After hearing this but of feedback we went on to use the purple scene throughout most of the video cutting between all the different scenes. This is the scene that started the video as this seemed the strongest and most liked one.






 Ishail Hashir 18

"I love the couple scene bit but some of the scenes are on screen are on for a bit too long."

This bit of information was very important as it helped me when it came to editing to make sure that each scene was on screen for the right amount of time. I made sure to only use the couple scene in the first bit of the song and once the chorus began it changed scene to show a change in the mood and beat of the song.





Korrie Powell 17

"The concept is good but perhaps include more scenes because the scenes feel quite repetitive"

This was very helpful imformation because it prompted us to go and film two more scenes the following monday which was the white wall scene and party scene. R and B music videos tend to have 4 - 5 scenes in their videos and we only had 3 so this helped to allign with the actual conventions of the genre of video we were trying to create.



Cinema screening 



The audience's reaction was very heartwarming. They kept cheering and saying how "Sick" it was. 


Cinema screening response





Ancillary feedback


This bit of feed back really helped me during the production stages of my ancillary work as it highlighted what did and didn't work. All of the people who I asked for feedback said they could clearly identify my synergy links. One of my peers Titilope said that she thought my poster looked really realistic and that I had made the artist look very much believable. 

Why getting feedback is important

Getting feedback is very much important both for the music video we made for our media course but also in the real world because it enables you to stay on track and produce a video that will meet the  needs and wants of its intended viewers. If no feedback is given about a video or ancillary work during the production stage it may likely not be recognised by its intended audience and they may decide they don't want to buy it.

Look at the post below to see my photoshop construction process in detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment