Monday 15 December 2014

Planning My Ancillary products: Digipak Mock Up

Below is my digipak. After showing a few people my draft drawings,  I have decided to change my front cover, I will keep the image to a mid close up but I will change the background as I don't think this colour will suit what the artist will wear and also it will be hard to create on Photoshop. I have opted to design a background on Photoshop and will use it consistently throughout my digipak and advertisement. I have made a final decision on what my artist will wear, she will dress in a hip hop 90's style of a white turtleneck and orange bomber jacket paired with hoop earrings which is our synergy (can be seen throughout music video). The back will have a minimalistic style, I will either put the tracklist in a square box with the same background design as the front or I will have each tracklist have an individual box with the same design in the back. I will have to make this decision when creating my actual product as I may find that it might not look aesthetically pleasing. Some people have suggested that i make my them a black and white one which will give a sense of 90's nostalgia, but mainly that my artist is of the R'n'B genre and is upcoming, also by making the filter black and white it will give a strong vibe of power and it will make the image clearer. I also found out that it is common for R'n'B artists to use a black and white them for their covers, especially when the album relates to struggle, love and relationships, which mine does. So I will also keep this idea in mind when producing my digipak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment