Monday 17 November 2014

Editing process 17th Nov 2014

Today, myself and Bernice stayed on after the lesson and continued to edit. My aim for editing today was to make some progress with the couple scene so that the beginning of our music video could take some shape. Before today the purple scene had been put onto our sequence at the beginning of the video.






Intially, I had started off the couple scene with a mid shot of the artist and her partner walking into their apartment but after watching it over and over decided that this wasn't necessary to include in the video. This taught although we have a lot of footage it doesn't mean we need to include every single thing we shot. That's what editing is for... to cut it down.




After much thought, I decided to have our artist walking in with a close up of her and her partner as the introducing shot for the two of them as I felt this is what was most effective. The video then cuts to the purple scene again for a short while before cutting back to the couple scene, just so that there isn't too much of the couple scene in one go and our viewers don't get bored.



  The next time I get to edit I hope to have added in more footage from the couple scene onto our sequence such as point of view shots so as to heighten the viewer experience for our music video. I also want to make sure I don't spend too long focusing on the couple scene as the rough cut deadline is almost approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment